Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sending Little Tiger away with her belongings




















The attached photos were taken the night before we send her to the babysitter's house. There she was, sitting happily in a box of diapers. The box contained her baby formula, a change of cloth, baby wipe and some diapers. She was happily sitting in the box, flashing her trademark smile...and not knowing she will be going to a stranger's house the next day. 

It has been extremely hard for me this week. I am going back to my teaching job next week and there's also two days of teacher's training this week. So I started leaving Meredith at the babysitter's house on Monday. It was very painful. I literally burst into tears when I left the babysitter's house and drove to work. I can't really explain this sadness. It is sort of like seperating your legs from your body...., no I should say that it is like a needle poking your heart constantly hurting.

Little Tiger lost some of her usual sparkle this few days. When I took her back today, she went to sleep right after I showered her. She is normally very energetic when I shower her, flapping her arms and trying to reach out to touch the water, but not today. She was exhausted when I washed her hair for her, closing her eyes and resting her limbs quietly on my body. She didn't really smile as much as she used to. Everyone that knows her say she smiles alot. She normally breaks into a big smile whenever we smile to her.We had to work really hard to get her to smile this last few days. 

She may be tired as she didn't sleep much at the babysitter's house. After the shower, I dressed her and rocked her for a while. She slept for almost two hours...while normally at this time of the day she would be wide awake and very playful. I took her to the swimming pool in the community and then right after feeding her at 8p.m, she went back to sleep. I got less and less time playing with her and I was sad when she is not as happy and energetic as before..

Boon Hong

2 comments:

Firefly said...

That's terrible. Poor Little Tiger.

Anonymous said...

this is may from whcc. somehow got onto your site from another link. i totally understand the babysitter situation. i cried the first week.