Tuesday, February 16, 2010

New Orleans Saints won the Superbowl!

New Orleans Saints won the superbowl! The whole city almost went crazy. The neighborhood that we lived was transformed from a sleepy suburban street into an eruption of cars honking each other, neighbors running outside and cheering each other and setting off fireworks.

The Tuesday after Superbowl, there was a victory parade in downtown New Orleans to celebrate the Saints victory. It is estimated that almost a million people showed up to cheer the Saints. I went to the parade after work since it took place near our office. It was a big mistake. I left the parade halfway and expect to beat the traffic leaving downtown. It took me one hour and 15 minutes to drive 0.5miles in order to get on I-10 freeway to go home.

See video clips below that I took at the Saints victory parade




Fellow Malaysians watching the parade


There is no line in front of this restroom because it costs $2 per use. I ended up paying $2 to use this restroom since the line at the other free restroom is about 50 people long.



No comments: