Friday, November 23, 2007

Bicycle carrier for Meredith











I bought a child carrier for Meredith recently. I found it at Academy and it costs only $39 and I also got a $9 cycling helmet for Meredith. Not bad for a bicycle rack with an attached child seat. It took me about an hour to install the mounting rack on my bike. It is hard to get the rack installed right because my bike is a road bike and the geometry isn't designed to accept a bike rack. Anyway, I got it to work after some modification. The child seat attaches to the rack with some quick release mechanism. Meredith was very excited about the child seat before I install it. She climbed into the seat on the ground and put on the bicycle helmet pretending she was driving. However, after I installed the child seat onto the bicycle, she refused to get into the seat. I had to put her teddy bear into the child seat and ride my bicycle around to show her how it works. After half an hour of persuading, she still refused to get into the bike seat. I have to admit this bike is not designed to have a child seat attached, it felt unstable even to me. Anyway, I ended returning the child seat and rack to the store for a refund.

No comments: