Sunday, July 22, 2007

Pisa's leaning tower

Our rental car is the Ford Focus on the left. It has a diesel engine, even the BMW on the right has a diesel engine. Diesel is popular in Europe. The Ford Focus has a manual gear box, and I find the acceleration to be adequate even though the engine is only 1.8liter.

We drove 80km from Florence to Pisa to see the leaning tower. I have always remember the leaning from my primary school text book. I remembered referencing the Pisa tower when I wrote some of my school essay in the form of "Pada satu hari, Ali and Ahmat pergi ke menara Pisa." So, I'm glad to be able to see the leaning tower in person. To be honest, the leaning tower of Pisa is just a plain jane tower. Without the engineering or site selection mistake, Pisa's tower will be just another tower in Italy.


Meredith holding on to her sunblock. She didn't know she was at the leaning tower. She just know it was a hot, hot day, almost as hot as Houston.





No comments: